Re: PS/2 Mouse problem

-----Original Message-----
From: Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk>
To: Matt Kennedy <mkennedy@iwaynet.net>
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Date: Thursday, February 12, 1998 6:08 AM
Subject: Re: PS/2 Mouse problem

>My problem is that I don't know where to tell programs like gpm or X
>Windows where the mouse is actually at in /dev. I've read through the
>manpages, the FAQ's and many of the HOWTOS and I'm at a loss. >Any help on
this would be most appreciated.

>The correct device name is /dev/psaux

    Gee, figures I'd overlook something that blantantly obvious!

Actually, /dev/psaux was my first guess when trying to get the mouse to
work. The first time I tried to use the mouse was when I was setting up
Xfree86. When I tried to use /dev/psaux in the XF86Config, it didn't work,
but I read another message from the list where someone used gpm with the -R
option and pointed to /dev/gpmdata. Doing it that way did the trick, but I
needed that clarification that psaux actually was the device location.

Thanks for the help.