Re: X Windows

and Adam Heath <adam.heath@usa.net> replied:
> I don't have to do this.  I run unstable (does it make a
> difference?), and both 2.0.33 and 2.1.86.  When I switch to text
> mode, the mouse immediately works.  When I go back to X, it
> sometimes takes a few seconds to start functioning(the mouse).

Strange.  I just checked and I still need it on unstable running
2.0.32.  (Symptom: mouse does not move at all in X.  Hardware: Toshiba
Tecra 730CDT laptop.)  Do you have a PS/2 mouse?  I understood that
the problem was that the kernel did not know how to share /dev/psaux
between two processes, and that this was on someone's 2.1 todo list,
but I never heard if anything had been done yet.

When I go back to X, it also takes about a second for the mouse to
start functioning, so I don't think that this is a symptom.

At first I was skeptical about gpm -R, but I am quite happy with it as
it seems to work transparently.

Kirk