Re: how to update

Martin Pelikan <martin@darwin.chtf.stuba.sk> writes:

> what is the fastest way to update from libc5 to libc6? Many packages are
> dependent on these libraries and I have no debian CD, everything I do I
> use ftp or www. It would be enough if I could get all the packages I
> need to update everything I guess. But I cannot see other way of doing
> this as to follow the dependency tree of packages and that could take
> quite a long time to get this working again.
>
> could anyone help me?

This script can:
http://taz.net.au/autoup/

It downloads all required packages and installs them in the right order.

HTH,

Jens

---
Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de
Key from: http://www.weh.rwth-aachen.de/~jens/public.asc
Key ID: 2048/E451C639 Jens Ritter
Key fingerprint: 5F 3D 43 1E 24 1E CC 48  1E 05 93 3A A7 10 73 37