Re: cdwrite and cd writers

Leszek Gerwatowski <bigl@tg.com.pl> writes:

> > Hi all, not really a debian question, so please excuse me if someone's
> > bothered.  Is there any other SCSI cd writer supported by cdwrite (I have
> > 2.0, any new release?) except hp, yamaha, philips and kodak? I have a
> > teac r55s and it seems it's not supported. Is it really unsupported?
> > Since it's so difficult to find external SCSI writers, I'd like to knmow
> > it before I return the writer.  Yamaha looks like the only other chance
> > available here. Any advice/model to avoid?
>
> First of all don't use cdwrite but cdrecord. Cdwrite isn't supported since
> 2 years and author wrote that i wiil be no further version. Cdrecord is
> new program (and much better) and best of all it supports your CD-Recorder
> (since version 1.6a9). Cdrecord's homepage is at:
>
> http://www.fokus.gmd.de/nthp/employees/schilling/cdrecord.html

cdrecord (including 1.6a9) is using illegal code, which makes it impossible
to compile on all versions of linux.

small example, found in lib/format.c

va_list rargs;

rargs = va_arg(args, va_list);

this is possible on linux/x86 because va_list is a void *

on linux/ppc however, va_list is a struct, and handled by va_ppc.h
and this makes compilation fail.

format() will need to be rewritten without a recursive use of va_list.

/Stefan