Re: Modem

On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, Pete Poff wrote:

> Dear Supporters,
>     I have the program minicom on my computer and I need to know how to
> tell what the name of my modem is under the /dev or how I can find it.
> The default that came with the program was something like /dev/cua1 but it
> couldn't find that file name.

run:
     minicom -s
then config your serial port.

> Also can any of you tell me where I can get the pico editer program?

vi is a better editor, but, if you must have pico, you can download it at:
ftp.debian.org/pub/debian/non-free/binary/pico_3.96L-2.deb (bo)

or at:
ftp.debian.org/pub/debian/hamm/non-free/binary-i386/editors/pico_3.96L-2.deb
(hamm)

> Thanks,
> Pete Poff

Not a problem.

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

owEBigB1/4kAdQMFADTeT/iSz4msNXLdGQEBRMYC/i/NQ8dPuo4Ad97Pp/QZTqYT
xbBRzMgvBkAoP8d6DPAVZPH0NRWA/Fr+K0x8Hzt2DhC0EWNWmHXt7yjm1lJZq0Tj
c48ZRtMeCgIP9mV1kMH0L9yLvkjprgkOH72MBbUVxKwQYgouc2lnbmF0dXJlAAAA
AA==
=kKxu
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----