Re: SCSI

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Greg Green wrote:

: Thanks Nathan!
:
: You hit the nail on the head.  I was using the NCR7,8xx driver.  Once I
: changed it to the NCR8xxx, the card was detected and the drives spun up.
: Now, I am having problems with RAID5.  I can get RAID0 to work fine, but I
: cannot figure out to get past a certain error message.
:
: I get the following error when I try to #mdrun -p5 /dev/md0
:                                                                   md:08:01:
: invalid raid superblock magic (6c6c6c6c) on block 8886144
:                                                                    /dev/md0:
: invalid argument
:
: Any clues on what I am doing wrong?
:
: Let me know, and thanks for the help.
:
: Greg Green
: AdvantageCom

Did you use mdcreate (IIRC) when you created your raid array?  I've
never run any raid level other than 0 (using the md driver, anyway) so I
can't be of much help in the way of practical experience.  However, I do
remember that my raid 0 arrays never worked unless I used mdcreate and
let it make the mdtab, etc. ...

There's a mailing list for linux raid.  I believe the name of the list
is linux-raid ... hmm, is it at vger?  I forget.  The address is in the
md docs, at any rate.  I don't have them handy.

Good luck!

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104