Re: Failing to install on an FIC-PA2007 mb with an AMD K6-166

On Tue, Feb 10, 1998 at 12:14:23PM -0000, gormans wrote:
> Problem: Various halts and core dumps to the screen during the boot phase.
>
> Symtoms: When booting from thr CD the boot screen comes up ok, then
> pressing return the boot will abort. This is not allways in the same
> place.

This sounds a lot like hardware problems. It could be CPU related, but it
could also have to do with other parts of your hardware. Check out
http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/ for a list of potential causes to similar
problems.

HTH,
Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go