Re: StarOffice & multiuser

> it doesn't seem to be necessary anymore.  I used custom install as root to put
> it in /usr/local/share, than ran /usr/local/share/Office40/bin/setup as a
> user, ignored the incorrect statement that it was going to use 110MB again
> (really 12k or so, i think), then ran it with no problem.  As near as I can
> tell this is what the README meant, but it is less than clear [uses /net
> rather than -net as an option???]

This "MultiUserUnstall" is helpful because once you (as root) installed everything
somewhere, than any user can run "soffice" (which can be a symbolic link from
/usr/local/bin to the actual location of this script) and install all the necessary
files into the user directory non-interactively (if s/he starts "soffice" for the
first time) and then starts the StarOffice itself. Pretty slick I would say.

Alex Y.