Re: HELP: tkdesk not appearing on desktop

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Albert Hurd wrote:

> After using tkdesk successfully for two months, the following problem
> just arose. When I call up tkdesk from an xterm, the initialization
> window appears and then, instead of appearing as usual, the tkwindow
> is nowhere to be found, even though ps shows it is active. I have tried
> to reinstall using dselect but still doesn't work.
>     I am using Debian 1.3.1.
>  Any help would be much appreciated.
>
>                     Albert Hurd

Don't know if this helps, but if you're in fvwm or afterstep, if you
have the words "SuppressIcons" in your configuration, an application
will sort of disappear if you iconify it. It's still there but unseen.
You window list menu will show it though.

i.b.mackey