Re: More that 64 Mb memory

On 29 Dec 1997, Douglas Bates wrote:

> I have searched the FAQ's but I still can't find the answer to this
> one.  I have a new machine with 128 Mb. of memory.  When I boot a
> standard kernel using the standard lilo configuration from Debian the
> kernel reports only 64 Mb of memory.  Could someone tell me what I
> change to have the kernel recognize the full available memory

append="mem=128M" <=== add this in your /etc/lilo.conf, mine is like this:
append="mem=80M"
boot=/dev/hda
root=/dev/hda1
compact
install=/boot/boot.b
blah blah blah blah blah etc

> Also, this is a dual-processor system.  If I look at /proc/cpuinfo it
> seems to be reporting only one processor.  Could someone please remind
> me how to check if both processors are being used?

as for dual processor i'm not sure yet, i'm upgrading to a dual processor
machine as well, if i get the info on how to utilize both via a patch or
what not, i'll let you know

> --
> Douglas Bates                            bates@stat.wisc.edu
> Statistics Department                    608/262-2598
> University of Wisconsin - Madison        http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~bates/
>

> --

 dA' Phucilage Phactory    *Yesturday upon the stair,    *
                           *I met a guy who wasn't there,*
                           *He wasn't there again today, *
 phucilag@phucilage.net    *I think he's from the CIA.   *