dselect and ftp: Packages file not found

Hi,

If I use dselect with ftp access, it complains about a missing
Packages[.gz], although I am sure it's there (I checked this
manually with ftp). Here are the details:

ftpsite=ftp.eunet.be
username=anonymous
ftpdir=/pub/linux/debian
distribs=bo

It sais: "Cd to /pub/linux/debian/...
              Getting Packages file from
              /pub/linux/debian/bo/binary-i386 ....
              Couldn't find Packages[.gz] in <samedir>, stopped"

I tried to trace the script /usr/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/update, but
couldn't find a way (like set -xv).

Regards,
Marc.Fleureck@cmlag.fgov.be