Re: Forwarding mail to news

Tim Thomson <tim.thomson@usa.net> writes:

> I am subscribed to a number of different mailing lists, but find it easier
> to read using a news reader. Also, I am at different systems that connect
> to the internet using a dial-up connection.
>
> Is there a way to automaticaly post mail from a mailing list to a local
> news group?

Newsgate is a mail2news and news2mail gateway. There is a debianpackage in
hamm, don't know about bo.

Another way would be to use gnus (in xemacs or emacs). Gnus is a
news/mailreader which shows all data as newsgroups (actual newsgroups,
mailfolders, directories et al.). It has quite amazing features, but also
a somewhat steep learning curve. But once you have a good customisation,
you don't want to miss it any more :-)

Ciao,
	Martin