/dev/hdc1 Mount & Permissions

      Now, for the reason this is coming from my M$ OS.
I mounted a second, older hard drive to use as /home.
Although I set permissions for the one user (me) with
chown and chmod, I still do not have access to the
device (/dev/hdc1 mounted in /home).  Do any of you
have any ideas as to the cause or a solution?  I am a
newbie, using the stable (bo) distribution.

                                      Art Lemasters