root login

I've had to repair a system whose filesystem was slightly corrupted.

It's in good shape now, except that, from the console, a login for root
does not request a password, it just logs you in.

And tty0 does not even prompt. It just logs in as root.

I believe that the installion script did not fully finish on this machine,
but I can't find any information about this.

Thanks,

kirstin

--
Quit worrying about your health.  It'll go away.
		-- Robert Orben