installing non-debian libs

I want to replace my libc5 and glibc files with RedHat's package.. how can
I do this (without freezing my system or destroying anything)?  I mainly
need the libc.so.5.* and libc.so.6.* files.

Why?  Debian's libc's aren't compiled w/ quota symbols... and I need them
to compile programs with quota support... I sent a bug report several
months ago and it hasn't been answered..

Paul