gcc setup problem

Hi,

I am very new to C programming. I have recently installed Debian 1.3.1 including
the following C development tools -

gcc          2.7.2.1-9
libc5        5.4.33-6
cpp          2.7.2.1-9
binutils     2.7.0.9-3
libc5-dev    5.4.33-6
libg++27     2.7.2.1-8

According to dselect, they are all installed correctly. When I try to compile
a 'Hello, World' program, I get the following error -

$ gcc hello.c
hello.c:1: iostream.h: No such file or directory

I have searched my whole hard-disk, and there is no file called iostream.h
However, I did find lots of other commonly used header files, such as

usr/include/asm/string.h
usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/2.7.2.1/include/limits.h

Can anyone see what's gone wrong? Here is the program I am trying to compile -

$ cat hello.c
#include <iostream.h>
// This program prints "Hello, World."
main ()