Re: dmalloc / g++

On Wed, Jan 28, 1998 at 09:02:20AM +0100, E.L. Meijer (Eric) wrote:
> > I don't think we have one in Debian (though we do have some tools for
> > analyzing and debugging memory allocation (checker, efence, dmalloc)).
>
> Last time I tried neither efence not checker worked for g++, with libc5
> nor with libc6.

I cannot find bug reports about this. Please report bugs through the
bug-tracking system if you want them fixed.

> What is dmalloc?  Is it available in bo, or only in hamm?

Package: dmalloc1-dev
Section: non-free/devel
Installed-Size: 92
Maintainer: Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh@cogs.susx.ac.uk>
Architecture: i386
Source: dmalloc
Version: 3.2.1-2
Provides: dmalloc-dev
Depends: dmalloc1, libc6-dev
Filename: dists/unstable/non-free/binary-i386/devel/dmalloc1-dev_3.2.1-2.deb
Size: 29598
MD5sum: 68be7c25a4264a0247dfc7b6b65a91fe
 Drop in replacement for the system's `malloc', `realloc',
 `calloc', `free' and other memory management routines while providing
 powerful debugging facilities configurable at runtime.  These
 facilities include such things as memory-leak tracking, fence-post write
 detection, file/line number reporting, and general logging of
 statistics.

I think there is a version in bo.

> Did you try it on a non-trivial C++ program?

No.

Greetings,
Ray
--
J.H.M. Dassen                 | RUMOUR  Believe all you hear. Your world may
jdassen@wi.LeidenUniv.nl      | not be a better one than the one the blocks