Re: Dates, postgresql and pygresql

Johann Spies wrote:
  >On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Oliver Elphick wrote:
  >> Try running the postmaster in the foreground and have the backend echo
  >> queries, to check what requests the backend is seeing.
  >
  >I also do not know how to do this.  I will have to study some more
  >documentation to do this.

Best to do this in an xterm window:
  $ su
  # /etc/init.d/postgresql stop
  # su - postgresql

     Make sure that the home environment for postgres is correctly set up,
     so that PGLIB, PGDATA, and PATH all have the proper values:
       PGLIB=/usr/lib/postgresql/lib
       PGDATA=/var/lib/postgresql/data
       PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/lib/postgresql/bin
     They should be correct already.

   $ postmaster -o '-E -d 2 -e'

     Queries will now be shown, with other debugging information.
     Run your Python application in another window to generate the queries.

     When you have finished, use Ctrl-C to stop the postmaster.  Then:

  $ exit
  # /etc/init.d/postgresql start
  # exit
  $