Re: Qmail

On Sat, Jan 10, 1998 at 09:44:42PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Nathan E Norman wrote:
> > What is the Right Way to install qmail on a (production) hamm system?
>
> Install the qmail-src package. It has a build-qmail script that does all the
> work, and generates a qmail.deb.
>
> --
> see shy jo

Well I tried to build-qmail and get the following.  Does anybody know what
is wrong with this?  Yes, the changelog is there!   TIA... davew

This script unpacks the qmail source in /usr/src/qmail-src
into a directory, and compiles it to produce a binary qmail*.deb file
The directory where this is done will end up containing the
source and package files for the qmail binary package, along
with a directory containing the unpacked source.

Where would you like to do this [./qmail]
mkdir: cannot make directory `./qmail': File exists
build-qmail: cd: ./qmail: Not a directory
dpkg-source: failure: cannot read /usr/src/qmail-src/qmail_1.01-2.diff.gz:
No such file or directory
build-qmail: cd: qmail-src.README: Not a directory

For some reason fakeroot causes install to hang on my system, so I'm
giving you the option of running sudo or fakeroot.  Give fakeroot a try
but if it does not work use sudo instead.

Should I use sudo or fakeroot to build the package ? [sF]
dpkg-parsechangelog: error: cannot open debian/changelog to find format:
No such file or directory
dpkg-buildpackage: unable to determine source package
shiloh# pwd
/usr/src/qmail-src/qmail-1.01/debian

--
dwiebold@etnsed.aus.etn.com . . . . . . .  My other computer runs Linux!

When you get your PH.D. will you get able to work at BURGER KING?