Re: another question about upgrading libc5 to libc6

   Hello everybody, i am currently following the mini howto on how to upgrade
   from libc5 to libc6.  Everything is going smoothly, up to this point.  In
   part 3 under development it says to purge libc5 *--dev*  I know how to use
   dpkg, and there is an option --purge.  My question is how do you perge all
   of libc5 development packages.  Thanking you in advance.

I think that you have to do it in a fairly manual way.  For instance:

# dpkg -l \*-dev
[...a list of all the -dev packages...]
# dpkg --purge <all-the-packages-listed-above>

Maybe someone else has an easier way?