Re: Debian max file size is 1GB instead of 2GB?

Steve Hsieh <steveh@eecs.umich.edu> writes:

> I don't think it is the kernel (unless, it's due to a specific
> configuration option in the kernel?)  I tried it on 2.0.33 and 2.1.78,
> same result on both:
>
> lilu# ls -l xxx
> -rw-r--r--   1 root     root     1073741824 Jan 25 15:36 xxx
> lili# uname -a
> Linux lili.eecs.umich.edu 2.1.78 #1 Wed Jan 21 06:44:08 EST 1998 i686 unknown
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on what the issue is and how to fix the
> problem for those of us stuck at the 1GB limit?

I would suggest mailing linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu (the
linux-kernel mailing list served by majordomo).  They might be able to
help.

> --

John Goerzen          | Developing for Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)
Custom Programming    | Debian GNU/Linux is a free replacement for
jgoerzen@complete.org | DOS/Windows -- check it out at www.debian.org.