How can I get smail to s/apocalypse\.sequitur\.org/purdue.edu/ ?

That's all I want it to do.  I want smail to grep my outgoing from headers
for the hostname

apocalypse.sequitur.org

and replace it with

purdue.edu

Any ideas?

What I DON'T want is an explicit hack to make all mail look like it came
from "branden@purdue.edu",  I know how to do that and that's not what I
want.

Someone help me please...black holes keep mistaking me for a spammer
because my domain doesn't resolve.

--
G. Branden Robinson                 |     When dogma enters the brain, all
Purdue University                   |     intellectual activity ceases.