Re: where is it?

> All right, don't flame me too hard. I want to download Debian. Someone
> told me to go to debian/dists/stable. From there, what file(s) do I need
> to download if I have no previuos version of Debian. I am not lazy, I
> have read all th README files. I have Rawrite to save it to disk, but
> the rest of the commands in th README files (like dselect) seem to be
> for Unix or Linux users. I am running under Win95 and have a spare hard
> drive for Linux but, for the life of me, I can't find the file(s). From
> debian/dists/stable/main/ I downloaded a file called "Contents-i386.gz"
> and "contents.gz".  Are these the files I am looking for?

Nope. Go to debian/dists/stable/main/disks-i386/current/ and download
install.txt (or install.html) from there. This document explains how to
proceed. Just to give you a hint, you would have to download
base-*.bin, resc1440.bin, drv1440.bin files from the same directory,
use rawrite2.exe under DOS to write them to 7 floppies. Insert the floppy
with resc1440.bin on it into the drive and reboot the computer.

Have fun.

Alex Y.
--
   _