Re: SEUL distribution?

Charles wrote:

> David E. Scott wrote:
>
> > Excellent suggestion. For example, our Linux guru went thru the various
> > FAQ's and found a way to install a fully working system on a 100M Zip
> > drive! There even is a 10-20M swap partition and the rest is for the
> > system. He set up a boot diskette and there it all was. Very nice.
> > Something like that IMHO should be the goal of this "in-between"
> > distribution.

Hello,
   I am a new installer of Debian, and have found it a bit of a
challenging task, which is good, to a certain extent.  I have been
working on this for around 3 months off and on, but of recent, mostly
on.  I would like to know if there is any way, or place that I can get
the 100M zip version of what I need somewhere on the net?  I have a zip
drive and have found it to be extremely useful during my installation
and setup, due to the fact that I haven't yet been able to get my ppp
connection up.  I am getting close to the solution i feel, much closer
than I was a week ago at least.  I have modified my ppp_options_out file
and have gotten the number in correctly(I think) however when I enter
'pon' i get "invalid number <n>" or similar error, not sure yet where
this one is coming from, but should track it down(hopefully soon).  and
when I try 'make Makefile' i get "*** no rule to make target
'Makemenuconfig'. Stop" and I have NO clue why that one is :( .  From
the "newbie" point of view, I must agree with an earlier thread, that
the list of packages is very daunting, and somewhat confusing, since we
neither know what we need or want yet.  Is there any way that a list can
be compiled to let us know what we need most out of this extensive list
of files, so that we can get operational systems, and get used to the
system?  After we get used to the system, we will better know what it is
that we want to add or delete from the broad selection.  I am most eager
to get my linux system up and running so that I can finally get rid of
the MS side of my computer, and let it run as powerfully as I know that
it is capable of.  But I also want to add a "thanks" to all that work on
developing this OS, and let you know that your work is appreciated, even
if we do pull our hair out a little in the "cutting teeth" stage of
learning.
 Charles Rishel(CHAZ®)