X-Windows questions

Here are many Questions about X-Windows:

I read somewhere that an Window-Manager in the style of the Amiga-OS is
available somewhere. Does somebody use this one, know whether the Package is
stable and know where to find it (if stable and maintained)?

What other Window-Managers are available?
Which of them are not beta?
Which of them are how stable?
Whats the thing with those color-tables (Afterstep needs a lower resolution than fvwm with the same
amount of colors, right)?

X sometimes closes (whithout any coredump nor any error) when switching from
another terminal to the X-Display (this happens with other distributions as well
- but my SDRAM seems to be ok).
And when i open many pictures under X-Windows, it sometimes happens (during excessive swaping) that the computer does a hard-reset.

Ctrl-Alt-Fx is neccessary to switch back from X to another terminal and Alt-Fx
can only be used when switching between text-terminals. Why?

When using kdm instead of xdm i can't login. After login, the kdm login-screen shows up again and again.
(I started kdm in the file /etc/X11/config instead of xdm)

After compiling the kernel (v2.0.29 or v2.0.30) i had to accept that X won't
start up (only black screen, sometimes a beep and no signal - my monitor
switches off after a few seconds). Since i use the Kernelv2.0.32 this problem vanquished.

I'd like to run X-Windows on almost every Terminal (except the first one) on my Computer.
How to configure the system (or what do i need to know for that case) to bring
up a xdm/kdm login on every terminal except the first? How to configure the
system to use APM-Energy saving cappabilities? (APM work's, when leaving a normal Text-Terminal unused, but not in X)

It would be great to hear some answers, because my time is limited and i'm
already a bit groggy of all the documentation.

 Mac
  -- TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to debian-user-request@lists.debian.org . Trouble? e-mail to templin@bucknell.edu .