Re: wmaker_0.12.3-0.4 install scripts ...

On Sat, 24 Jan 1998, Damir J. Naden wrote:

> I was wondering if anybody else has yet installed the latest (as of Jan
> 24 98) package of wmaker (ver. 0.12.3-0.4). I had some problems with the
> install scripts; one I'm sure is a bug - somewher along in the install
> process, I got an error saying that the 'ldconfing' command is not
> available.

I made that non-maintainer release... and yes, it's a bug, and I don't
know how it went unnoticed, that is, until it was uploaded. Unfortunately
it was incorporated into main rather quickly, and I didn't notice the bug
reports until a few days ago. Anyway, it's fixed in 0.5. It also fixes a
stupid mistake I made and nobody seems to have noticed yet. It doesn't
show unless you are upgrading from 0.12.3-0.x to 0.12.3-0.y. And as a
bonus, I managed to add wmaker-traditional for those of you who doesn't
like the newstyle.

> That solved the problem. The second problem was with updating the menus,
> (you know the part, where the dpkg forks in the background...).  Well,
> in this case the install script never exited from that forking -- it
> hung for about 10 minutes with the error saying 'aborting' and in the
> end I just Ctrl-c out of the dpkg process.

I can't reproduce this. wmaker depends on libwraster0, which is the
package that had the typo. You have to --configure libwraster0, and then
--configure wmaker.

> P.S. Is anyone running hamm Ddebian with the wmaker_0.12* and has a
> working asmail docked?

It won't dock. As I understand it, asmail has to be patched.

> I can get the 'noMail" icon in the dock, but the asmail won't start
> unless it creates additional window...Any solutions?

Install wmmail. It's the same as asmail. It's on incoming right now. It's
based on asmail 0.50. The author seems to have corrected a few bugs (?) on
asmail, and has plans to add more capabilities to it. The catch here is it
doesn't work with AfterStep's Wharf.

Sorry for the troubles I might have caused.

			Marcelo

PS: I'll upload 0.12.3-0.5 tomorrow...