Re: Netscape is now re-distributable and should be included in Debian.

On 23 Jan 1998 bruce@va.debian.org wrote:

> I am communicating with Netscape's VP Client Products. They are still
> determining the license details, and I will do my best to convince
> them to use straight GPL or LGPL, or something DFSG-compliant.

Bruce, I think Peter was talking about 4.0, not 5.0. It's 5.0's source
code that NS will make available. 4.0 is just costless. Since source code
is not available, it's still non-free. But yes, a new package is
desireable.

WRT 5.0 license, I hope you can talk them into using GPL or LGPL.

		Marcelo