Re: CGI script for telnet or shell access

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, R. Chris Ross wrote:

> 	I am looking for a means of running a CGI script that would be
> able to do a function similar to telnet.  The idea would be that I could
> access a Linux machine by means of any web browser and do standard shell
> operations.  Currently I work at a k12 school district and it is extremely
> common for a facility to have no other Internet access than a web browser.
> Being able to access a Linus machine that would be able to run a shell via
> the web would be invaluable.  The shell could be accessed directly or via
> telnet.

Hummm...  Even win95 seems to have a telnet client. Just does not
show up in any menus.

*   For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son,  *
*   that whoever believes in Him should not perish...    John 3:16  *
* W. Paul Mills          *     Topeka, Kansas, U.S.A.               *
* wpmills@midusa.net     *     http://homepage.midusa.net/~wpmills/ *
* wpmills@sound.net      *     http://www.sound.net/~wpmills/       *
* Bill, I was there several years ago, why would I want to go back? *