Re: xsession error

Gill Watkins <Ian> writes:
GW> When I close my X session, one or more instances of the following
GW> message appear:
GW>
GW> xterm:  fatal IO error 32 (Broken pipe) or KillClient on X server ":0.0"
GW>
GW> Any ideas what causes this?

Your xterms were talking to your X server by some means, probably a
Unix socket.  The X session ended, so the X server exited too.
Meanwhile, the xterms were still trying to talk over the socket, but
now there's nothing on the other end.  This causes a "broken pipe"
error, and your xterms, having no X server to run on, now exit.

It's basically a consequence of shutting down X without shutting down
the xterms first.  It's harmless.

--
/                             \  "The cat's been in the box for over