Re: Debian users and newsgroups

On Thu, Jan 22, 1998 at 08:01:37PM +1030, John Spence wrote:
> I just replied to a message in comp.os.linux.setup that asked where all
> the Debian users were.
>
> Are we so few or are we so selective?  The only reason I read the message
> at all is because I filter out every newsgroup message that doesn't have
> the string "ebian" in the subject line.

I'm using slrn's scoring to bring Debian-related postings to my attention.

The organisation of the Debian community is very mailing-list oriented;
quite often, I answer Debian-related questions on newsgroups by referring
people to the mailing list. The disadvantage of mailing lists is that we are
unfortunately less visible on Usenet.

Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.