Re: Gzip + Dselect after libc6 upgrade

oz@scorch.u-net.com (Brian Skreeg) writes:

> Error update: This problem only occurs when I launch Dselect from KDE
> like this;
>
> sudo -u root Dselect
>
> If I log into a console and use dselect as root it installs fine. Defo
> a permissions thing.

I've seen similar permissions problems with sudo before, though not on
my bo machine; basically, subprocesses of a given sudo command will
sometimes be run not as root, but as me (plays havoc on 'sudo make') -
my only suspicion is that perhaps the real user id isn't getting set.
(I don't have access to a machine that sudo misbehaves on at the
moment) Tell me, what do 'sudo id -u' and 'sudo id -ru' display?  If
one of these commands displays something other than '0', then you
should file a bug against the hamm sudo.  (On my bo machine, both
commands report 0)

If both these commands display 0, you might still want to file a bug
against the hamm sudo anyway, though it won't be as descriptive.