Re: ATI 3D Rage II and XFree86

There is a web site on how to configure this board. Sorry, I forget the
exact site name. Do a search on the web for ATI Rage and Linux.  I think
you also need the 3.3.1 version of Xfree mach64 -- do you have that or are
you using the debian stable 3.3 version?

I installed X on an ATI Mach64 3D RAGE Pro, so this may not apply to the
Rage II, but you can check.  For the rage pro card, the key part is in
the Device section, and the ChipID and ChipRev fields, which you need to
manually add after running xf86config...

# Device configured by xf86config:

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "ATI Mach64 3D RAGE Pro, Internal RAMDAC"
    VendorName  "Unknown"
    BoardName   "Unknown"
    VideoRam    2048
    ChipID  0x4754
    ChipRev 0x01
    # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
EndSection