Re: Can I install debian packages on RH 5.0?

   Looking at debian-faq, I see that it seems to be possible to set
   aside a section of disk under /usr/local for unpacking deb
   packages.  Is this feasible?  I have RH 5.0 working well and don't
   want to ditch it, but I should like to experiment with debian as
   well.

You might want to look into the `alien' program, which allows RedHat
.rpm's to be converted into Debian .deb's, and vice versa.  I think
this will help you.