Re: XSuSE NVidia X server and Debian

I untarred to /tmp, them copied over the files.  Be CAREFUL -- otherwise
you will overwrite /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/Cards and
/usr/X11R6/bin/xf86config -- both of which yu need to configure
XFree86.  I made a Cards.deb and Cards.suse and symlinked the one I
wanted to Cards.  I switch back and forth between servers.  I made the
xf86config xf86config.suse.  Otherwise it puts everything in debian
dirs.  XF86Config is stored in /etc -- no way around that.