XSuSE NVidia X server and Debian

Greetings Debian Users,

I am in the middle of installing Debian 1.3.1 from a cd I made from the image
files.  Unfortunately, my graphics card is a Diamond Viper V330, which has the
NVidia Riva 128 chipset.  The XF86 FAQ pointed me to the SuSE web site, where
they are developing a driver.

The install is basically untaring the server and xf86config binaries from /.

My question is how will this interact with Debian's idea of who/what/where my
x-server is?  Has anyone used this (or other) server from SuSE?  What problems
did you have?

Thanks!
   Dale
--