Staroffice3.1 crashes X session.

I'm trying to install Staroffice3.1 from the debian package.

Everything worked fine during installation but when I try to launch "setup" or
anything like "scalc", a bitmap appears and then the Xsession crashes.

As explained in Staroffice installation guide, I checked permission on Xp3
directory and everything should be fine.

I'm using the SVGA X server for an S3Virge board and the statically motif linked
version of Staroffice3.1.

Did anybody had such a problem with it? Does the problem can come from my debian
installation (last Infomagic CDs)?

Thanks in advance...

Ronan Lebref
Ronan.Lebref@cnet.francetelecom.fr