Can't ftp to ftp.debian.org

When I try to connect to ftp.debian.org I get the following messages.
bash-2.01$ ftp ftp.debian.org
Connected to santanni.cc.gatech.edu.
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
ftp>

I know there was a problem with spam on the lists recently.
Are these sites blocking  connection attempts that come from
locations with a numeric IP address now. When I connect to other
sites it shows me connecting as my static IP address.

I can ftp to all other places I have tried but cannot connect  to
ftp.debian.org or master.debian.org.

I installed the ipmasq package arounf the time I started having these
problems
but completly purged this package thinking that it was my problem. The
only
other difference might be that I installed xinetd around the same time.

The problems started about 1 week before Christmas.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dale  Miller

dale@infonet.ca

P.S.  I plan to become a devloper again in the near future but will not
be able
          to if I cannot connect  to my account on master.debian.org