Re: 2 questions...

On Fri, Jan 16, 1998 at 02:23:43PM -0700, Mike Patterson wrote:

> Ok, actually, I lied. Three. The first is: I haven't been getting any traffic
> from the list lately.. has something happened? For that reason, I'd appreciate
> a cc of any responses...

You're not subscribed anymore.  I've put on on the list again.  Seems
your mailsystem was sending out bounces so the list server unsubscribed
you.

> First real question: I want to mount a directory on another system. How
> do I do this? I thought it would be in the mount man pages, but I guess I'm
> wrong. I assume that there must be something else out there I'm missing
> (I assume dealing with NFS)

Yep, nfs is good,  you could use samba, too.

On the server:

edit /etc/exports
start rpc.portmap (look at /etc/init.d/netstd_nfs)

On the client

either

mount -s nfs server:/direc/tor/y /he/re

or

edit /etc/fstab.

Regards,

	Joey

   / To-Zeilen in öffentlichen Nachrichten ist FidoNet-Technologie /
 / ... endlich 'mal wieder ein echt gelungener Witz!!!           /
/                                              -- Rainer Scholz /