printing problems

I'm having problems with a printserver that we thought we'd solved.

Yesterday, I could get as far as being rejected by the server.  Today, I'm
getting

connection to 'localhost' failed - Connection refused
job 'cfA080eyry.econ.iastate.edu' transfer to he183-lj5m@localhost failed

I have PRINTER set to he183-lj5m

I have lprng installed, and the /etc/printcap entry
# queue lj5-1.heady (438) serves (via PRINT-1.IASTATE.EDU)
#    he183-lj5 (1724), a HP LaserJet 5MP in 183 Heady
he183-lj5|lj5-1.heady:\
        :rm=print-1.iastate.edu:\
        :lp=:\
        :rp=he183-lj5:\
        :sd=/usr/spool:\
        :bk:

And since then, I've been added to the trusted hosts entry for the print
server.

As I read this file, i shouldn't be trying to connect to localhost, but to
print-1.iastate.edu.  And it was trying y esterday, and failing (as it wasn't
a trusted host).

DOes anyone have any hints?

rick

- --
These opinions will not be those of ISU until it pays my retainer.

------- End of Forwarded Message

--
These opinions will not be those of ISU until it pays my retainer.