Re: Clean hamm installation

Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu> writes:

> On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Maarten Boekhold wrote:
>
> > I noticed that the hamm/main/disks-i386/current directory points to
> > bo/disks-i386/current. Does this mean that I can install a clean libc6
> > system using those install disks? Or would a better approach be to
> > install a minimal bo system and then upgrade?
>
> Base disks are in the works.  In the mean time, install bo first and
> upgrade (I'd suggest trying the script).

There is no need to install the entire Bo dist. Install only the Bo
base system using the base floppies. At the end of the installation
process dselect is started. Quit immediately, and do a manual bo->hamm
upgrade of the base system (by using the script or the howto). When
then the base system is upgraded to libc6 you can start dselect again
and point it to the hamm dist.

- Sten Anderson