Re: debian 1.2x ldso upgrades

"John S. Murphy" <jmurphy@serv.net> writes:

> Having problems upgrading libc5, xlib6 and ldso
>
> using dpkg I get;

> Setting up ldso (1.8.12-1) ...
> ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so (No such file or
> directory), skipping
> ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so (No such file or
> directory), skipping
> ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/X11R6/lib/libXp.so (No such file or
> directory), skipping

> I feel like I am in a loop here, as the package map says that the above
> libraries are in xlib6, which is asking for ldso....

This is not an error (at least not a serious one).
I think ldso is installed just fine (check with dpkg -s ldso). After
installation the program ldconfig is run, and this program gives you
the warnings. This is a very common warning. It usually means that you
have symlinks in /usr/X11R6/lib to libraries that are not
present. These symlinks should of course have been removed when the
libs were removed, in any case you can ignore the warning (unless of
course that you depend on these libs, but you don't).

- Sten Anderson