Re: SVGATextMode - thanks for help

> problems:
> - maybe the mouse is stuck in the upper screen (I didn't take care of
> that actually)

you need to add the following to your TextConfig (or uncomment it as the case
might be):

ResetProg "/path/where/reset/script/is/located"

the reset script from the hamm version of stm is attached. The unstable
version of stm fixes the problem by including the script attached as
/usr/sbin/STM_reset and having TextConfig point to it.

> - don't use SVGATextMode if X is started

Why? works fine here.

Igor
(debian stm maintainer)
#!/bin/bash
#
# This scripts is called from the "resetprog" line in TextConfig,
# when SVGATextMode has finished switching modes.
#
# This example only restarts selection, since that's all I need.
#
# Adapt this script so it suits YOUR system setup.
#
#echo "Screen resized to $1x$2. Restarting GPM..."
#/usr/bin/gpm -k         # kill gpm
#/usr/bin/gpm -t ms      # for MicroSoft Mice

#
# The following should work, too, but a kernel bug prevents it from working (according to Mr Rubini).
# A kernel patch is included in this directory which SHOULD solve this.
#
# *** modified by Igor Grobman to work with debian's gpm package ****
if [ -f /var/run/gpmpid ]
then
	echo "Screen resized to $1x$2. Restarting GPM..."
	kill -WINCH `cat /var/run/gpmpid`     # gets pid from current gpm daemon, and send resize signal to it
fi
# ****************** end modifications ********************

#
#
# Some programs need not be restarted, but just need a "SIGWINCH" signal sent to them.
# Emacs and gpm seem to be examples of this (according to Alessandro Rubini)
#
# killall -WINCH -v emacs       # this sends window change signal to all processes called "emacs"
#
# for those still using selection: this restarts it
#
# /bin/killall -v selection
# (/usr/bin/selection -t ms &)   # for MicroSoft mouse. Other mice need other option!

#
# If you want to make sure you also get back to a sane keyboard state, use
# "kbd_mode -a" here, and put the command "stm -o <your_mode> under a
# mousebutton combination in the GPM mouse driver
#
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@digicron.com