Re: X-win more effiecient than Win95?

Tim Thomson wrote:

> A friend of mine asked me if X-win was more efficient than Win95 on the
> same system?
>
> I said it would probably be better for somethings, and maybe slower than
> others, but I wasn't sure - so I though to ask you people.
>
> Anyone done any benchmarks???

This is not a benchmark by any means but, on my 486/33 with 32M of
RAM, when booted to Linux (or FreeBSD for that matter) I find X to be
more responsive than Win95 with it's windowing system.  By "more
responsive" I mean that I find myself less distracted by the speed at
which I can move, resize and open windows and better able to
concentrate on the task at hand.

Keith