PPP in kernel

I still cannot actvate PPP whereas I have installed sucesfully the ppp
module.
dmesg | grep PPP answer nothing
I have check that in the /etc/module file there is no "#ppp"
In the /usr/src/linux/.config file The line is "...PPP=m"

I don not know how to recompile the kernel in order to be able to
activate the PPP daemon. I guess it is with the make-kpkg command but
nothing  happened.

By the way where can, I find the "fdos" module