Re: Debian & Pgp question...

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, smorrill wrote:

> I have used Pgp for quite awhile with Win95, and thus have already made
> my secret key & id number, etc.  I would like to get pgp set up with
> Linux as I would like to move to using Debian exclusively.  Anybody out
> there familiar with this issue of how I would use my same 1028 bit key
> (created under Dos, MIT pgp...2.6.2) without having to revoke the
> existing key a create a new one?

Get the debian package of pgp from nonus.debian.org if you haven't
already.

Copy your secret and public key files to your linux machine

Backup any existing key files on your linux machine.

run "pgp -ka" on your secret key ring and your public key ring.

Enjoy :)

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/