[fvwm2] Desktops, Pagers and Backgrounds etc.

I use fvwm2 as my window manager.  I want to do a very simple thing but
am confused by the terminology in the man pages.  I launch FvwmPager on
startup.

Snippets from my /etc/X11/fvwm2/post.hook -

# I want 9 seperate desks to work on
DeskTopSize 3x3

# FvwmPager Customization
* FvwmPagerDeskColor 0 steelblue
* FvwmPagerDeskColor 1 black
* FvwmPagerDeskColor 2 deepblue

# FvwmBacker Customization
*FvwmBackerDesk 0 -solid steelblue
*FvwmBackerDesk 1 -solid blue

<you get the idea>

I also launch FvwmButtons on startup.  My FvwmPager is swallowed by
FvwmButtons.

What I am trying is to give each of my 9 desktops (I switch between
these using the FvwmPager in FvwmButtons) it's own background color.
Once I get this working, I want to match the backgrounds in my FvwmPager
against my different desks.

All I get is an ugly greenish blue background for (get this) *all* the 9
desks.  What am I doing wrong?  I'm using 1.3.1

Thaths
--
"For the first time in my life everything is absolutely perfect the
way it is...  So here is the deal.  You freeze everything as it is

Sudhakar C13n                                       (650) 937-2354 (O)
International Websites Engineer                     (650) 940-1896 (H)
                 http://people.netscape.com/thaths/