Re: Interrupts and serial ports

   So I have taken every port to it's own interupt. But my question is: Why
   can I share interupt with parallel ports? I have lp1 and lp3 on the same
   interupt, and printing and the access to my Zip drive works fine!

Chances are that, under Linux, lp1 is not really using an interrupt.
The default for printer ports is to use polling, which does not make
use of an interrupt.

You can tell whether a port is using polling or interrupt-driven
output by executing `tunelp <portname>'.