Re: partitioning sizes (data:swap)?

   I have a (Windows) system with a 400M disk chunk left for linux; I made it
   all a Linux ext2 partition, and choose no swap partition (48M RAM).

   Is this a good allocation of the 400M, or should I split it for some swap
   space, say 350/50 or whatever.

This ought to work okay.  If you turn out to need swap later, you can
make a swap file, or even swap off of a file on the Windows drive.