Re: Package Installation....

    I had been installing the StarOffice3.1 deb package as root, so I tried to
redoo it as a regular user, but dpkg said I needed superuser priviliges.So,
I tried untarring the tarballs manually according to the mini-howto, but I ran
into the same Server Crash no 11 problem when I tried to do the setup script.
I was wondering if it could be my libc5 or xpm, ( I have libc 5.4.38 (the newest
on debian.org, unstable/base) and xpm4.7 3.4j-0.5), but the FAQsaid that you get a
specific error message if your libc5 isn't good enough; which I didn't get, so I
doubt it.
    Did you have to do anything special to get your manually untarred 3.1 to work?

Timothy

PS - This is very depressing, this is the first thing i've been trying to do under
linux that hasn't worked.
I think I'll go get version 4 just to see if it works. :).