Re: debian ftp crashes redhat

Tim Sailer wrote:
> I have a client (an ISP in Maine) that keeps getting a skput error,
> even on a 2.0.33 kernel. This machien is running a web server (Roxen)
> and squid. I wonder if it is a max files problem..

I doubt it, my webserver is lightly loaded, and that particular machine had
no squid. I don't have anything else on here that would tend to use lots of
filehandles.

The problem seemed to happen only when the computer was mostly idle - the
majority of crashes were overnight, the rest would happen when I paused in
my typing for a few minutes. Very weird.

You could try downgrading to 2.0.29, I never experienced the problem with
that kernel.

--
see shy jo